14.6.12

Pet Names-


Do you use them?

Joshua calls me mami sometimes which makes me laugh, probably because of the novelty (I'd literally never met someone from Mexico until I moved in college to Oklahoma. In fact one of the old men at work called me mija for months before I realized he wasn't swearing at me!).

I call him pumpkin poop. He calls me farts. I tried out BROFRIEND the other day but I couldn't spit out the question I had for him because it made me laugh too hard. Mostly though I call him Joshua. There's something about a person's name... I try to use names as much as possible. Once you know someone it's easy not to use it and so the jolt of the effort is nice. Like a pat on the bum.



The weekend I went to Portland I stopped by Bo Concept and when they asked me if I was looking for anything in particular I said, "Oh my partner and I have been discussing dining consoles and I just wanted to see what you had." To be fair I had been reading Nick Hornby on the ferry and the word somehow slipped in my vocabulary... despite the connotation commonly used being an inaccurate description of us I like it. We are partners. Partners in crime, partners in games, partners in road trips and good root beer discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment