19.6.12

National Public Radio.


91.7 has saved my life. What else could possibly keep me awake at 0100 driving home from Joshua's house? Nothing else, that's the answer.




The only thing worse than public radio as a kid was listening to only bits of boring audio books. Twenty minutes of the fifth chapter of The Old Man and the Sea? No thank you! It's funny that now it's the thing I look forward to most in my own car. Sometimes Joshua and/or my mom will listen to the same stories and we'll try to tell the others something awesome we heard but they already know it! We joke that our baby won't be lying if they wear this onesie.


Besides, where else can you find an article on current malaria issues, weirdly catchy music, and YA books on friendship all in one nicely organized package. Also this book.

1 comment:

  1. I visited my first home in June to discover my mother loving NPR. My Conservative father loves TalkRadio. Family outings that week were filled with so many voices, facts & opinions.

    But I have found 88.5 here in tacoma. And I really, secretly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete