14.9.12

MISC.


I went to a dinner about aHUS this week- only 15 people out of a million are diagnosed with this disease and we had a whole dinner on it. It was so cool to listen to a distinguished Doctor talk about championing care for the tiny group of patients. The community in Seattle is full of people who care about people and their pain and sickness. It makes me proud.
Also I ran into a screen door at an older couple from churches house so hard I popped it off it's track. In front of ten people. It was maybe the most embarrassing thing I can think of that I've done this year! Yikes.

Today I went to the zoo with 4 kids and my mom. I saw the walrus getting fed, he know over 200 hand signals/voice commands. IT. WAS. AWESOME. I have a season pass again, so let's go!!!



My friend went to the Olympics! Whaaaaat?!?!


Only slightly less embarrassing than the door incident, but I've listened to this for two days straight. I like how MJ has permeated culture. Oops, a cover. On a more serious note I actually think the hip hop bridge has some legitimate pearls of wisdom.


Joshua pointed me toward this blog and I've been digging through it loving how it makes me think. Also that he was a Merwin poem.


Another couple books to read. The Star Wars book was a gift from my brother for my birthday.


I would own every single thing that Madewell makes. They seem so pretty but functional too.


The new album comes out in ten days! Yikes, better budget for it!


Trying this tutorial for real this weekend, I finally buckled and removed my bottle opener from my keychain... my adventure calendar has given me several alternatives to a bottle opener anyway so I'm set.

No comments:

Post a Comment