8.2.12

How to read.




One of my favorite childhood memories is my mom reading to my brother and I after we finished dinner. We read adventure books sometimes like The Lost World but we also read Wind in the Willows which has no dinosaurs or guns. And we looked up every word we didn't know (Scottish people and their big words). Dinner was for family time and books.

The National Endowment for the Arts has some interesting reading on literacy in America. I love to read but I know lots of people who are not as enthralled by the smell of dust and bindings... Nick Hornby talks about reading for the joy of it and makes some perfect points. Even reading these links is going to be a turn off to some!


Maybe being an introvert (despite being loud) gives me an extra push toward loving books- they are quiet companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment