11.2.12

All stars.


I went to my bookcase and looked at my books and picked out the ones I read and reread- everything on this list I read at least twice a year. More if I'm being honest.
And what I actually read makes me laugh:



I love the struggle in Guy.
I love that it's short and that doesn't make it less great.
I bought a new copy of this in Paris but knowing me I'll give it away to someone before 2013!



Comfort poetry. He loves the sea, I love the sea.
When I can't sleep I read this book out loud and it lulls you like the waves. Not joking.
If you're extra awake you can read it in spanish (this version is bilingual).



I enjoy this entire series but this one is my favorite: it's James' time in WWII and some of the funniest vet stories. There is no one in the world I can think of who wouldn't enjoy James Herriot. I've given copies of his books as gifts more than I've given anything else.




The first Chuck book I ever read, and also the best.
Love the biographical way it's told. "We'll never be as young as we are tonight."




The exception to my read twice a year books is Fermor, I still haven't finished A Time of Gifts just because I have this thing about finishing books I really love! It's so dumb but the magic of reading a book for the first time.. I don't want it to end! A travel memoir, he walked Europe in 1938 and then writes the book twenty years later with the help of his journal and his hindsight about the coming war.




A school book that I actually loved.
If you like the Middle East (Wait, everyone isn't obsessed with Islam?) try it out.




Nick Horby (favorite) + Arsenal (favorite) = GUARANTEED SUCCESS.
I read this book more than any other- I went through a period where I kept it in my purse and just read it over and over. I'm glad this wasn't the first book I ever read, I would have been ruined! Hornby's voice (especially his non-fiction and columns) is so relatable. He is what I want to sound like and what I want my best friend to sound like all at once.



This shouldn't count as a real book, it's a conglomeration of Reader's Digest jokes.
I'd say don't laugh, but that's kinda the point.




Whoa nerdy!




I love the second Hunger Games book (one is great too)!
I love the arena, I seriously love every single character and every single situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment