2.2.12

Breakfast nooks.


My friend has been putting together her dreams about a home for a while now and her kitchen photos reminded me of an old obsession.

My only requirement for a kitchen is this: a breakfast nook. Really what this entails is a bench at the table and a corner it can be tucked into. I spend 0% of my time in the kitchen UNLESS it's sitting with people who are cooking. Or getting ice cream from the fridge. So for a kitchen to be useful to me it has to have a place to read a book or drink some chocolate milk and not be in the cooks way. Besides, if we are going to have a small house (which I desperately want) a nook might be the only option!!






(photos via apartment therapy and the kitchn)



Seven more nooks!

1 comment:

  1. I love the first one so much! Between the pillows and bay-type window with fresh plants (herbs for cooking??) you have stolen a bit of my heart :)

    ReplyDelete