1.4.13

Olympic Discovery Trail



(ODT)


Did my first outdoor bike ride this weekend- 45 miles over train trestles and definitely over some crazy hills. But I drank two glasses of water and went to bed and I felt completely normal in the morning! I couldn't believe it. I guess the Y is doing more than improving my mental health! An affirming workout. And I got to eat some chocolate covered pretzels after so basically the perfect day. Not that I would tell anyone that being outside and sweating was a perfect day but it was. Puppies (plus a horse) and sunshine and baby cows to coo at and pet and I am set!


I cannot describe fully how much better I feel when I go to the gym. I'm a completely different person. Some people can run outside and lift at home (my dad) and do that for years and that will keep them in shape. Other people need the socialization and motivation of a leader or a group workout to really push themselves toward a solid couple of hours. Finding where you fit is vital to feeling good about working out. At least for me.

We're doing a ride in Yakima pretty soon, my first official ride! Yahooo!




Our only, very dark, photo from the bike trip. Eating lunch at the skinniest lunch place! It was one more table wide and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment