3.4.13

fashion armor.


Do you dress a certain way for confidence?
In nursing school every big test day I wore a dress with more cleavage than was appropriate for a Christian school. For me. Fashion armor. I knew I looked good. And that gave me a boost of confidence to tackle whatever was on those exams.

As a society I think we are becoming more conscious of how we raise our girls to be women that know their worth comes from more than looks. What is the balance between wanting to look put together and not being defined by that? I'm not sure.


























I've been phasing my old workout gear out in favor of bright tank tops and Nike leggings. Not because I'm embarrassed to work out in my dads old Cardinals shirt and my brothers Air Force shorts but because when I pop on a yellow top and some bike shorts I smile a little more when I start spin class.
But I also don't want to be a person who has to go and buy something with every accomplishment you know? I want to own my things not have them driving me. Lately that's become easier for me- buying things to help me accomplish goals or to help me put together a wardrobe I want to last and not because it's cheap or on a whim.  Hmm. I don't have any answers.

We just had a sermon basically on modesty and I got teased a bit because if it's fashion or modesty I always go fashion. I shouldn't. I do. Maybe 2013 will be modest year... starting now. Or 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment