11.3.13

Proposal.


Joshua's proposal is pretty much like the rest of our relationship at this point- laid back and full of love (and laughing and crying).

He fooled me for a week telling me that he ordered a Lacoste polo shirt UPS which I thought was bizarre but he said it was fast and only a couple dollars more and I believed him... when in fact he picked out the champagne diamond ring I'm sporting these days. It had to be signed for and I kept offering to do it since he had to work and he kept making terrible excuses about why I couldn't. Goose.

The Herberts- you know them- were leaving and I offhandedly said to Josh that it was going to be so sad they wouldn't get to see my ring. And so at their going away party he lured me outside with a promise of a present from his adopted nieces and we stood on the beach with the crashing wild (tiny) ferry waves and the freezing wind whipping about and he turned from the dark water and said, "Ready?" (because sometimes I respond to surprises inappropriately. Example: when Joshua kissed me the first time I burst into tears and left his apartment immediately) and then he got on one knee and pulled a lotion covered (it exploded in his pocket) ring box from his pocket. And honestly I remember not another thing.

The proposal was sweet, but the how is less precious than the when. Joshua protects my heart. He gave me a chance to celebrate with my family before they went away, to have time of laughing and planning and not of only crying and packing.

I didn't know what was going down, so I wore one of the teens GIANT house slippers. It was supposed to be a run to the car! So romantic I  know. On the way back off the beach it got caught in brambles and I had a thorn in my foot that was so deep it bled and bled when I pulled it out. Of course I didn't even notice the thorn until the next day when the giddy shock wore off...






My only regret is that I wasn't wearing this dress which was out of stock all winter and is finally back! I might splurge on this one thing (one outer wear thing that is) for the honeymoon.

Also do new rings and necklaces make you achey? Maybe it's because I fidget with them but oh man it's brutal the first month! My fingers and chest always feel bruised while I get used to the new accessory! And then after that it feels naked if you ever take it off.

2 comments:

  1. "Joshua protects my heart".

    That says it all.
    Love you guys and so incredibly excited for you. Ahhhh!!! Let me know if I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my thoughts Heather :)
    Love you very much savannah!!

    ReplyDelete