22.8.12

Life, crafting, etc.


I think I want to learn how to knit.
Translation: I want someone to knit several things for me.

I'm going to make my uncle a Rams blanket for Christmas and I think I might start it now since I have no one else to create for! The air turned today and it makes me feel like something cozy. Maybe a fleece blanket with crocheted edges like this baby blanket? But with Rams fleece... I think that will do nicely.



Doing something productive with my hands makes me feel accomplished especially after a rough week at work. One nice thing about work is that even terrible days aren't so terrible. People snap at you, but it's understandable yeah? Their lives are tipped up and shook about. And the staff who work with them every day do their best to live in that reality with them and sometimes they lose their cool. I don't know, for the first time I feel very centered about work and life balance (it's my first job where I haven't been a full time student as well) and I think it shows in my attitude about work. Maybe I'll feel differently in a year but so far, even with a bad day yesterday, I love it.

Also I've branched out in Matt Redmand land (I find the chorus incredibly compelling).





No comments:

Post a Comment