22.3.12

Making battle gear-


A couple of us got together tonight to make Hunger Games shirts (this whole thing is becoming ridiculous but I can't stop)!! Talented Andrea free drew a bow and arrow and I spray painted my whole hand black trying to get my shirt perfect. One of us is obviously artistic (her name rhymes with Smhandrea).

In all seriousness I like kids books for one major reason right now: it's something to talk to kids about (remember talking to young girls)! It's a way to discuss the brutality of war (and the mentality of survival) or the voyeurism of our society now without losing them. I see the eyes glass over when Syria is mentioned, but I never see that with anyone who's read the book! And I'd much rather read Hunger Games or the Ember books then keep up with Secret Life.



All in all I love the way it turned out though, gritty seems appropriate for the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment