23.9.14

Work.


On tough weeks at work I go back to this article over and over again:

In abusive and toxic work environments we can shield, protect, and provide safe havens for co-workers. Maybe it's because you have a certain scope of power and can use that power humanely and restoratively. Maybe it's simply that you are a healing and welcoming presence at the watercooler. Regardless, your mission in that toxic work environment is to be a haven of protection and healing.
Many of you are doing exactly that today. Work sucks. It's a toxic place. The boss is abusive, a petty tyrant. But for as long as you are there in that place you spread your wings and protect those around you.



TO DO:
I am going to speak calmly and only speak truth and not always speak. 
I will be gentle. 
I am not going to condone bad behavior by laughing or by staying silent.
I will be one of the good parts of the workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment