29.9.14

Ben is back!


No secret that I love Ben Howard. There is something in his music that brings the water and fog and rain and the wind in your face to mind. Let me get my wool sweater out before we talk.

I've seen him live a handful of times and each time life was so different. The second time Joshua and I had split, I saw him alone in the U District- I thought my heart was going to splinter apart. But I don't hear that sadness the same at all now. I hear my patients saying goodbye to family and life and living while they are living. And I hear happiness. Music is not intrinsic to me. I can't even talk about it properly! My poor sister is constantly trying to talk to me about some new awesome band that I've never heard of. I could, and do, go without it most days.

But there are some people I continue to carry with me as truth and Ben is one of them. As I change his music changes. I cannot wait for his new album.



No comments:

Post a Comment